The DWA-125 Wireless N 150 USB Adapter is a convenient wireless connectivity solution for desktop or notebook
PCs. Instead of stringing Ethernet cables to your PC or dismantling your desktop computer case, the DWA-125 can
enable 802.11n wireless connectivity by simply utilizing your desktop or notebook PC’s USB port.
Powered by Wireless N 150 technology, the DWA-125 provides a faster wireless connection and superior reception than
802.11g*. The DWA-125 is designed for use in bigger homes and for those that demand higher bandwidth networking.
Maximize wireless performance by connecting this USB Adapter to a Wireless N™ router and stay connected from
virtually anywhere in the home. This USB Adapter supports WPA and WPA2 encryption to prevent outside intrusion
and protect your personal information from being exposed.
D-Link’s Quick Setup Wizard guides you step-by-step through the installation process. You’ll be able to configure this
USB Adapter without having to call the teenager from down the street to help you. The D-Link Wireless Manager is
included with this product to keep track of all your most frequently accessed networks.
Compact in size, robust in speed the DWA-125 Wireless N 150 USB Adapter is great for travel and a convenient
solution for providing high performance wireless connectivity to your desktop or notebook PC. Enjoy the many benefits
of wireless connectivity today!
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions
and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput
rate. Environmental conditions will adversely affect wireless signal range.
• Convenience of Plug & Play installation.
• Fully 802.11g compatible.
• 802.11n compliant.
• Powered by the USB port; no external power source required.
• USB 2.0 standard*.
• You can securely connect to a wireless network using WPA/WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access) providing
you a much higher level of security for your data and communication than has previously been available.
You may also use 802.1x for wireless authentication.
• Position the DWA-125 almost anywhere in your workspace to achieve the best reception possible.
• Supports Infrastructure networks via an access point
• User-friendly configuration and diagnostic utilities.
* Using a USB 1.1 port will adversely affect throughput.
DWA-125 offers the following types of security:
• WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access 2) • WPA2-PSK (Pre-Shared Key)
• WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) • WPA-PSK (Pre-Shared Key)
• 802.1x (RADIUS)
WPA, or Wi-Fi Protected Access, is a Wi-Fi standard that was designed to improve the security features of WEP (Wired
The 2 major improvements over WEP:
• Improved data encryption through the Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP). TKIP scrambles the keys
using a hashing algorithm and, by adding an integrity-checking feature, ensures that the keys haven’t been
tampered with. WPA2 is based on 802.11i and uses Advanced Encryption Standard instead of TKIP.
• User authentication, which is generally missing in WEP, through the extensible authentication protocol
(EAP). WEP regulates access to a wireless network based on a computer’s hardware-specific MAC
address, which is relatively simple to be sniffed out and stolen. EAP is built on a more secure public-key
encryption system to ensure that only authorized network users can access the network.
WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK uses a passphrase or key to authenticate your wireless connection. The key is an alpha-numeric
password between 8 and 63 characters long. The password can include symbols (!?*&_) and spaces. This key must
be the exact same key entered on your wireless router or access point.
WPA/WPA2 incorporates user authentication through the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP). EAP is built on a
more secure public key encryption system to ensure that only authorized network users can access the network.
Connect your desktop or notebook computer to a wireless 802.11g or 802.11n network with the D-Link Wireless 150 USB Adapter (DWA-125).UPGRADE YOUR WIRELESS ADAPTER
D-Link® introduces the Wireless 150 USB Adapter (DWA-125), which delivers high performance wireless connectivity with better wireless reception over standard 802.11g adapters*. Upgrading your notebook or PC with the D-Link Wireless 150 USB adapter will provide an excellent solution for experiencing better wireless performance and faster connection to a high-speed wireless network.
ENHANCED WIRELESS RANGE
Utilizing the benefits of 802.11n technology, the DWA-125 provides optimal wireless performance and faster file transfers, which enable you to receive better reception across your home. Not only does the D-Link Wireless 150 technology extend your wireless range, it is also backward compatible with your existing 802.11g wireless devices.
EASY TO SET UP
The DWA-125 makes it easy to set up and connect to your home or office wireless network without professional installation. The DWA-125 includes a Quick Adapter Setup Installation Wizard CD-ROM, which walks you through the easy step-by-step installation process to configure your new DWA-125 Adapter in minutes. Also included is the Wireless Connection Manager that simply adds and saves the settings for the networks you frequent most.
EASY TO USE
The DWA-125 easily connects your desktop or notebook computer with an available USB port** to your wireless network for Internet access and file sharing. Desktop users can easily add wireless connectivity without having to open the PC case. By using the included desktop cradle, the DWA-125 can be placed on your desk for optimal performance. Notebook users will enjoy the compact form factor that allows you to upgrade to Wireless 150 technology and get better range.
WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES
Connect your desktop or notebook computer to a wireless network and access a high-speed Internet connection, transfer files, and stream media from greater distances around your home than standard 802.11g technology*.
WHY WIRELESS 150 IS BETTER
This Wireless 150 USB Adapter is based on 802.11n technology to greatly improve the speed and range of your wireless signal to significantly outperform 802.11g devices*. The Wireless 150 Adapter enables you to connect to your wireless network with greater reception and range designed to work around obstructions.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g and 802.11n specifications when used with related Wireless 150 devices. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link.
** Using a USB 1.1 port will affect device performance. USB 2.0 port is recommended.